The Neonatology Department offers state-of-the-art conditions for the treatment of healthy newborns and semi-intensive care, which includes the use of state-of-the-art medical equipment as well as educated staff. The mother / child system (rooming in) is implemented in the department.
In the days after birth, newborns are given ultrasound and clinical screening of the hips, screening for hypothyroidism, echocardiographic and ultrasound examination of the CNS, treatment of postpartum jaundice, administration of BCG and Hepatitis B vaccine. Within the department there is modern laboratory diagnostics as well as the possibility for application of digital X-ray diagnostics.
The department has a special space for isolation of newborns with postpartum infections and their appropriate professional and timely treatment with adequate therapy, as well as 24-hour monitoring. The department is equipped with state-of-the-art transport incubators for newborns as well as a highly sophisticated, own ambulance transport vehicle available 24 hours a day. The semi-intensive care has 3 incubators with accompanying equipment for intensive care (infusiomas, perfusors, monitors, photo lamps, warmers, herb, ultrasound device).
Services offered by the neonatology department:
- Prenatal education for parents and care of a newborn
- Education for mothers for successful breastfeeding according to the system “ten steps to successful breastfeeding” by a team of highly educated nurses.
- Resuscitation, stabilization and treatment of newborns
- TSH screening
- Orthopedic and cardiological screening
- Transcutaneous (bloodless) diagnosis of bilirubin, as well as treatment of hyperbilirubinemia with phototherapy
There is a clinic in the neonatology department where the newborns are permanently monitored in their growth and development. The neonatology team is composed of three neonatologists and highly educated medical staff.